Re: [Fwd: [xep-support] Text compressed in table cells]

From: David Tolpin (dvd@davidashen.net)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 00:23:57 PDT

  • Next message: frederic.ouellet@desjardins.com: "Réf. : [xep-support] xsl:include - javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Had IO Exception with stylesheet file: ergoDesjardins.xsl"

    Ashot Darbinian:
    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > This is a property of our formatter: it does not break words. If you
    > want to enable a break between letters, intersperse them with zero-width
    > spaces: ​
    >
    > Two .fo and resulting .pdf files are attached - with zero-width space and without it.

    While the examples are good, this is not just a property of our
    formatter :-). XEP breaks lines accoridng to Unicode (UAX14), and
    inserts hyphenation (if enabled) based on the language of the
    document.

    To allow a line to break at a specific location, insert ZWSP, ​,
    DocBook stylesheets, for example, do it with URLs automatically.

    David Tolpin