[xep-support] Erratic behaviour in footnote

From: Richard Vincent (Richard.Vincent@excosoft.se)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 06:57:28 PDT

    Hi!

    I am trying to use fo:footnote as an out-of-flow area for images. The idea
    is that if there are several images referred to in the source xml only one
    image will be displayed per page. The other images will be 'pushed forward'
    to subsequent pages. However, large blocks of white space are rendered on
    the page. The appearance of these 'holes' is erratic, but seems to be
    function of how close the footnotes are placed to one another. Is this an
    inheritance issue? a bug in XEP? (large blocks of text work as I expected),
    or am I just being silly trying to use footnote as a bottom of page float
    area?

    Thanks in advance for any comments ...