Re: [xep-support] Behaviour of 'rx:meta-field name="keywords"'

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 01:21:14 PDT

    Hello Paul,

    Keywords are stored in a single field inside PDF metadata and
    Acrobat cannot show more than 255 characters of such field.
    Let me cite "PDF Reference Third Edition":

      9.2, "Metadata"
      103. Acrobat viewers display the document's metadata in the Document Properties
      dialog box and impose a limit of 255 bytes on any string representing
      one of those values.

    That's why you can see only a part of the keywords list. When XEP
    produces PostScript output it truncates metadata fields up to 255
    characters and adds '...' at the end. This caused by the PostScript
    limitation for single-line strings. In PDF output XEP writes a full
    metadata content, but overall effect is the same because of Acrobat
    limitation.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX