Re[2]: [xep-support] Disabling hyphenation?

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 02:54:20 PDT

    Hello Tim,

    For the current XEP version there are two options if it is necessary
    to get rid of hyphenation config as a separate file on the disk:
    1. In the xep.xml you can specify value of HYPHENLIST option using
       'data:' URL, that is actually embed hyphens.xml file into main
       configuration. 'data:' URI scheme described in RFC 2397 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2397.txt)
    2. You can place hyphens.xml into XEP (or other) JAR and then address
       it from xep.xml using 'resource:' URL naming scheme. This 'resource
       URL' allows you to address any files available in the CLASSPATH
       including those inside JARs.

    Note that if you do not need any hyphenation hyphens.xml can contain
    as little as: <hyphens/>
    The only requirement of the current XEP version is that this config
    must be available to formatter in one or other way.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX