RE: [xep-support] landscape tables <FAO: Ken>

From: G. Ken Holman (gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 04:10:36 PDT

    At 2004-08-18 10:26 +0100, Parr, Christopher wrote:
    >Just to make sure I understand how to use the PSMI way correctly:
    >
    >I run may process as I did, however each time I need to go to landscape I
    >enclose the table in the following way to produce a '.psmi' file:
    >
    ><create normal FO output>
    ><create normal FO output>
    ><create normal FO output>
    >
    ><psmi:page-sequence master-reference="frame-landbody">
    >
    > <fo:table with whatever attributes>
    > :
    > :
    > </fo:table>
    >
    ></psmi:page-sequence>
    >
    ><more normal FO output>
    ><more normal FO output>
    ><more normal FO output>
    >
    >I then take the above created .psmi file and run 'psmi.xsl' over it which
    >will replace the psmi tags with the correct FO for making the page
    >landscape, and then produce the PDF document from that file.

    Precisely ... where "frame-landbody" (or whatever name you choose) points
    to your portrait page geometry with a rotated body region.

    Note that <psmi:page-sequence> does have to be at the top of the flow ...
    as a child of <fo:flow> because I have to parcel out the top-level
    constructs into different page sequences and you can't parcel out the
    semantic if it is embedded in another construct. This parcelling is the
    benefit provided by the stylesheet, so people don't have to write the
    semantic themselves.

    I hope this helps, and that your 22-month-old daughter will always have
    precedence over your work! Congratulations!

    Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
    Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc