Re: [xep-support] Overriding start-indent on even/odd pages

From: G. Ken Holman (gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 18:55:27 PDT

    At 2004-07-26 15:42 -0700, David Priest wrote:
    >My XSL:FO defines page masters using the usual structure, which includes
    >region-start and region-end to set the main body flow.
    >
    >On some pages, however, I need to display a full-page image that
    >completely overrides all margins: in other words, the image must span the
    >page from corner to corner (less some surrounding margin, as the printer
    >can't go edge-to-edge.)
    >
    >I had thought I could use inherited-property-value() to grab start-indent
    >and subtract it from the margin. Works on even pages, not on odd pages.
    >I've tried a variety of other hacks, none of which are working.
    >
    >Hints, please?

    Have you considered using the Page Sequence Master Interleave (PSMI)
    semantic that I created for signalling and processing author-triggered
    changes in page geometry? It is described and available in a free resource
    downloaded in the XSL-FO section at the "Free resources" link in the
    marginalia on our home page noted below (I'd rather not publish the direct
    URL in the archives of the list as I may have to change where it is stored
    on my web site).

    The exemplar is the author-triggered change of page geometry for landscape
    tables in the middle of portrait content, but the PSMI semantic could
    easily be used in your situation where you decide a change in page geometry
    is required to accommodate different margins for a particular graphic.

    I hope this helps.

    Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
    Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc