[xep-support] <PRE> tag like behavior?

From: Chris Cosentino (ccosenti@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 07:37:34 PDT

    Is there an easy (relatively) way to use XEP to create <PRE>-like
    formatted text?

    We currently have an inline element called <examplecode>. When
    rendered through XEP the data is output in monospace bold font.

    If line breaks were required, we would wrap it in para tags.

    The problem we have is that we want to render example code with proper
    indentation. The simple solution (although time consuming for the
    writer), is to create some kind of "tab" formatting tag, and have the
    writer insert the proper number of tabs for indentation. During render
    the tab tag would be rendered into X amount of space per tab.

    Is there an easier way?

    Thanks,
           Chris

    --