Re: [xep-support] XEP 3.7.7: Treatment of width="100%"

From: Werner Donné (werner.donne@re.be)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 05:03:43 PDT

    Thank you for the explanation Alexander.

    I have one more question though. If I remove the width specification the
    width will in fact become "auto". What can guarantee then that the area
    of the parent formatting object is filled up. "auto" means that all other
    constraints are taken into account. Couldn't this also imply that the nested
    table will be just wide enough to contain its contents? Isn't this left to
    the particular implementation? XSL Formatter, for example, does not make the
    nested table fill up the area, while XEP does.

    Regards,

    Werner.

    --
    Werner Donné  --  Re BVBA