Re: [xep-support] Marginalia as a DocBook customisation

From: Paul A. Hoadley (paulh@logicsquad.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 03:56:06 PDT

    On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:43:54AM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
    > Paul A. Hoadley wrote:
    >
    > >Has anyone written (or seen) a DocBook customisation to produce
    > >marginalia using side floats?
    > >
    > >http://xep.xattic.com/xep/testsuite/usecasestest.html#marginalia
    > >
    > >I'm thinking of something like <note role="margin">...</note>.
    > >I'll have a look at it if no one has done it.
    >
    > I was prototyping this some time ago, see attachement. I'm not sure
    > if it still works with the latests stylesheets, but you can give it
    > a try. Content of <remark> elements are formatted as marginalia,
    > but you can change this very easily.

    Thanks for that. I am generating double-sided output, and I want to
    put my notes on the inside margin. I've already modified the
    page-masters for some static content in the outside margins, and I
    assume I will need to modify them further along the lines of the
    example here:

    http://xep.xattic.com/xep/testsuite/usecases/marginalia.pdf

    If I create anything that looks suitably general, I'll post it.

    --
    Paul.
    mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net