[xep-support] wrong landing position when jumping

From: Kai Becker (k.becker@bmiag.de)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 08:27:03 PDT

    Hi xep-support

    I'm using XMLmind V2.5p2 combined with xep stamped client 3.7.5 to edit and
    publish DocBook 4.2 documents with DocBook stylesheets 1.65.

    I have two connected problems:

    1.
    I want to start every docbook level1 section on a new page. So I define in
    my
    parameter file:

     <xsl:attribute-set name="section.level1.properties">
      <xsl:attribute name="break-before">page</xsl:attribute>
     </xsl:attribute-set>

    This has no result!

    Only defining:

     <xsl:attribute-set name="section.title.level1.properties">
      <xsl:attribute name="break-before">page</xsl:attribute>
     </xsl:attribute-set>

    has the expected result and starts every section of level 1 on an new page.
    I think definig the page-break as a section.title property seems wrong.

    2.
    Using TOC lines and bookmarks in the generated pdf document to jump to
    sections level 1 does not land on the new page where the new section starts
    but on the page before this, where the old section ends and where the new
    section would start if the above properties were not set.

    The second is my greater problem because I do not know how to circumvent it.
    I tried the same parameter file with fop and then every thing seems (jumps)
    fine
    (but fop has many other shortcomings so I want to use xep).

    Do you habe any idea to solve this ?
    Thank you in advance

    Kai-Christian Becker