Re[2]: [xep-support] Hyphenation exception list

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 02:26:14 PDT

    Hello Jirka,

    Such extension is technically feasible, however it is to be seen how
    the priority of this task compares to the other tasks that we already
    have on our TODO list.
    As a workaround I can suggest the following: you can create separate
    hyphenation file for every documents that has exceptions. Such
    hyphenation file will contain all exceptions rules for this particular
    document and can be associated with some "imaginary" language code in
    XEP hyphenation configuration. This "language" should be used in the
    document.
    Since you are doing a batch processing it won't be too hard to
    implement this solution: just add additional pass there create
    necessary hyphenation tables and make related associations. It is not
    very elegant but it should work.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX