RE: [xep-support] text positioning differences between XEP 3.6.3 and 3.7.x

From: MAISONNY Benoit (Benoit.MAISONNY@eurocontrol.int)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 02:28:44 PST

    Hi Alexander,

    Thanks for your response. I wanted to be sure I didn't miss some new feature in 3.7 which would incur the changes.
    I know that AT format is subject to change, but we need a page-oriented format for page comparisons, so we'll stick to that until we find a better solution.

    If possible, it would be nice of RenderX to mention when a new version is subject to alter the AT file format.

    As for Uwe's response: you're mostly correct in your analysis of the problem. Of course we do have change management elements in the XML source, but this is irrelevant. As you realised at the end of your message, the problem I was mentioning is related to page comparison, not to finding what has changed in the content flow. Shifted content is just one issue among others, which forces us to use a page-oriented format.

    I've been looking at alternatives, using some other tools to process/compare the PDF files directly, but haven't found a better solution so far.

    Cheers,
    Benoit Maisonny