Re: [xep-support] Precedence

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 00:46:09 PST

    Hello Gustaf,

    There is no ambiguity in the XSL-FO spec regarding the subject.
    The "precedence" property applicable only to fo:region-before and
    fo:region-after and have default value 'false'. Then it's set to
    "true" appropriate region will overlap both fo:region-start and -end.
    There is no such property for fo:region-start and fo:region-end
    regions so XEP has no "implicit defaults" for it. In general, absence
    of those properties means that you can't make layout where
    fo:region-start is drawn atop of fo:region-before which, in turn is
    drawn atop of fo:region-end.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX