[xep-support] PDF/PS error in XEP 3.74 generated file

From: Kryštof Slabý (slaby@alsoft.cz)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 06:43:58 PST

    hello,

    I used to have problems with Adobe Acrobat / Xerox Phaser 7700
    incompatibility. As I got to know the problem is in the way Acrobat
    prints PDF to postscript printer (builds new postscript).

    So I tried to solve the problem with GhostView (part of GhostScript
    8.14 for win32). I'm now able to print XEP generated PDF files that I
    used to be unable to print with Adobe Acrobat.

    The problem is that even GhostView is unable to open some XEP
    generated PDF (and even PS) files (see attached logfile). Contrary to
    GhostView Adobe Acrobat is can still open the file but not print.
    In this case XEp doesn't complain about anything during PDF generating.

    Whats wrong?

    Attached files:
    gverr_pdf.txt - GhostView error log, opening PDF
    gverr_ps.txt - GhostView error log, opening PS
    xep_pdf.txt - XEP log, generating PDF (PS is almost the same)
    profile.fo - FO used for PDF generation

    --
    Krystof.Slaby