Re: [xep-support] Problems using fo:inline element inside fo:listitem

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 02:28:50 PST

    Dear Marc Oliver,

    > When using an fo:inline inside an fo:listitem element there is no
    > line-wraping.
    >
    > <fo:list-item keep-together="always">

    This is a common problem. The reason is as follows:
    keep-together is a compound property that splits into
    individual components each having the same value:

        keep-together.within-line="always"
        keep-together.within-column="always"
        keep-together.within-page="always"

    By inheritance, the first component pours down to the inline level
    and disables line breaks in the text. In these circumstances,
    XEP tries to pack the whole block on one line; and I believe
    it's the kind of behavior prescribed by the XSL spec.

    To fix the issue, it is sufficient to relax the constraint:

         <fo:list-item keep-together.within-column="always">

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev