[xep-support] Re: How to turn on quiet mode with Cocoon Serializer?

From: Andrzej Jan Taramina (andrzej@chaeron.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 05:41:59 PST

    Alex:

    > To suppress all diagnostic messages in XEP 3.6 you have to set "dumb"
    > ContentHandler for logger like this:
    >
    > // Select a noop ContentHandler for the logger to suppress logging
    > com.renderx.xep.lib.EventLogger logger =
    > com.renderx.xep.lib.EventLogger.logger();
    > logger.setContentHandler(new
    > org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler());
    >
    > With the new API introduced in XEP 3.7 it's enough to pass 'null'
    > instead of the logger when creating FormatterImpl:
    >
    > xep = new com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl(options, null);
    >
    > In both versions this technic demonstrated in PageCount sample.

    But how would I set the logging to only show error messages (and no
    warnings/info messages)? The above example would seem to suppress ALL
    logging messages, but errors I would still want logged.

    Any examples/advice on how to route such error messages through a logging
    framework such as Log4J or LogKit (which is used by the rest of our
    application)?

    Thanks!
    Andrzej Jan Taramina
    http://www.chaeron.com