Re: [xep-support] problems with keep-together.within-page="always" and line breaks

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 01:41:28 PST

    Hello Raj,

    It sounds quite strange. I was not able to reproduce this problem.
    Could you please provide me with a short sample that demonstrates this
    effect?

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX

    scc> Hello,
    scc> I am using and empty fo:block to generate line breaks in the PDF doc.
    scc> However, when I use this within a block which has
    scc> keep-together.within-page="always", it sometimes causes a pagebreak, even
    scc> though there's ample room on the current page to fit content.

    scc> ex:

    scc> <xsl:template match="para">
    scc> <fo:block keep-together.within-page="always">
    scc> <fo:block text-align="left" space-after.optimum="4pt"
    scc> space-after.maximum="0pt" space-after.minimum="0pt"
    scc> space-before.optimum="0pt" space-before.maximum="0pt" space-before.minimum
    scc> ="0pt" font-size="8pt" font-family="Times">
    scc> Some text
    scc> </fo:block>

    scc> <fo:block space-after.optimum="0pt" space-after.maximum="0pt"
    scc> space-after.minimum="0pt" space-before.optimum="0pt"
    scc> space-before.maximum="0pt" space-before.minimum="0pt" font-size="7pt"
    scc> font-family="Times" background-image="
    scc> url(c:/abl/print/watermark.jpg)" text-align="left">
    scc> Some more text
    scc> <!-- The following causes a page break -->
    scc> <fo:block/>
    scc> The fo:block above, which i use to cause a line break, causes
    scc> the entire para to move to next page, even though there's
    scc> ample room on the previous page to fit this para.
    scc> </fo:block>
    scc> </fo:block>
    scc> </xsl:template>

    scc> If i comment out the <fo:block/> in question, then the para lines up
    scc> correctly on the previous page.

    scc> Any ideas?

    scc> Regards,
    scc> Raj

    scc> This E-mail (which includes any attachment) is intended to be read only by
    scc> the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or
    scc> proprietary information. If you have received this E-mail in error, do not
    scc> print it, forward it or disseminate it or its contents. In such event,
    scc> please notify the sender by return E-mail and delete the E-mail file
    scc> immediately thereafter. Thank you for your cooperation.

    scc> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
    scc> in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
    scc> you are subscribed from.
    scc> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html