Re: [xep-support] use intrinsic height of SVG images

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 08:07:42 PST

    Oliver,

    > The effect of the lines above is that my graphic is scaled to the
    requested
    > width (and height as well), but the block doesn't reserve enough vertical
    > space. So the image overlaps the preceding text block.

    A wild guess: do you have line-stacking-strategy="font-height" somewhere
    on the parent node? Many people use it to ensure even distances between
    text lines; unfortunately, it also affects blocks with no text at all.

    > What do I have to change to make XEP compute and reserve
    > the needed space?

    The first thing to try is to reset the line stacking strategy
    to its default value on the block that includes the graphic:

    <fo:block line-stacking-strategy="max-height" [spaces and borders]>
       <fo:external-graphic ...

    If it does not help, please submit us a bug report at support@renderx.com,
    with a foo.svg and a minimal FO sample that shows the effect.

    Regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev