Re: Antwort: Re: [xep-support] pages without text are not rendered

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 06:42:44 PST

    Hello Thomas,

    Ah, now I can see your point. This is an implementation specific
    feature of XEP. It is described in section "2. Non-Conformance Issues"
    of "XSL Formatting Objects in XEP 3.6" (spec.pdf). We do suppress
    empty block constructs and thus generation of empty pages, because
    they pose a threat of an endless loop. If you still want your page to
    be rendered you may add some 'invisible' content there such as empty
    leader or nonbreaking space.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX

    TBid> if a page does not contain any text the page is skipped...

    TBid> this will not be rendered:

    TBid> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="myMaster">
    TBid> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
    TBid> <fo:block-container [...] >
    TBid> <fo:block-container background-image="url(bg.pdf)"
    [...] />>
    TBid> <fo:block-container [...] >
    TBid> <fo:block [...] >
    TBid> <fo:inline
    TBid> font-family="Helvetica"></fo:inline>
    TBid> </fo:block>
    TBid> </fo:block-container>
    TBid> </fo:block-container>
    TBid> </fo:flow>
    TBid> </fo:page-sequence>

    TBid> but this will:

    TBid> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="myMaster">
    TBid> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
    TBid> <fo:block-container [...] >
    TBid> <fo:block-container background-image="url(bg.pdf)"
    [...] />>
    TBid> <fo:block-container [...] >
    TBid> <fo:block [...] >
    TBid> <fo:inline
    TBid> font-family="Helvetica">TEXT</fo:inline>
    TBid> </fo:block>
    TBid> </fo:block-container>
    TBid> </fo:block-container>
    TBid> </fo:flow>
    TBid> </fo:page-sequence>

    TBid> Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
    TBid> Gesendet von: owner-xep-support@renderx.com
    TBid> 10.11.2003 14:17
    TBid> Bitte antworten an xep-support

    TBid> An: "Thomas.Braun@infowerk.de" <xep-support@renderx.com>
    TBid> Kopie:
    TBid> Thema: Re: [xep-support] pages without text are not rendered

    TBid> Hello Thomas,

    TBid> What do you mean by "pages without text"? Could you please provide us
    TBid> with example?

    TBid> Best regards,
    TBid> Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    TBid> RenderX

    TBid>> can anyone tell me why pages without text are not rendered?

    TBid>> its not really important to me but i don't understand it...

    TBid> (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
    TBid> in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address
    TBid> you are subscribed from.
    TBid> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html