[xep-support] Different behaviour of evaluation and full version

From: Jirka Kosek (jirka@kosek.cz)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 06:29:55 PDT

    Hi,

    I'm using full XEP (client_academic to be precise) with custom TTF
    fonts. However when I use same version of XEP 3.6.1, but evaluation
    version, with the same configuration and I'm getting mangled PDF where
    some letters are missing in texts generated by XEP (I'm getting " P
    rial" instead od "XEP Trial") and kerning in some fonts seems like
    random function which shift characters to the left or to the right by
    several mm.

    I think that problem can be connected with fact, that evaluatin version
    modifies output and adds XEP stamps to corner of page. Do you know how
    to get evaluation version working with custom fonts? I'm preparing
    DocBook environment for DocBook training just now and I didn't expected
    that evaluation version of XEP will stop me for 2 hours with no advance
    at all.

    Thanks,

                                    Jirka