Re: [xep-support] XEP 3.6: error in the resolution of relative URLs in the resource scheme

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 08:44:19 PDT

    Werner,

    after analyzing the issue a bit, I realized that there is no chance
    to get relative URLs in entities work properly when the document
    system ID is expressed as 'resource:' URL. The best thing we
    can do is to enable _absolute_ 'resource:' URLs in external
    entities, so that you could write

       <!ENTITY local SYSTEM "resource:/fonts.local.ent">
       <!ENTITY mt SYSTEM "resource:/monotype.ent">

    and still have your entities stored separately in the Jar file.

    XEP 3.6.1 is just released with these changes incorporated.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX