[xep-support] Keep-together precedence

From: Anders Svensson (anders.svensson@animech.se)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 07:22:58 PDT

    Hello,

    Before the summer I asked the question below regarding keep-together
    restraints, and got the answer below that xep doesn't support
    precedences. So does that mean there is no way to solve conflicts
    between elements? (see my needs below)

    As it is I'm getting bad page breaks where either a table cell will be
    broken right in the middle (if the keep-together is set on "sections",
    and this looks truly awful), or a "section" of text (which we want to
    keep together in general) will haphazardly be broken up all over the
    document (if the keep-together is set on table-cells instead). This
    doesn't look as immediately awful as the first one, but is on the whole
    just as bad because it is all over the place.

    Regards,

    Anders

    According to the specification, you can use whatever integer values you
    want. Any integer value has a lower precedence than 'always'. However,
    XEP
    doesn't support these precedences yet. It interprets all integer values
    as
    'always'.

    Jeff