Re: [xep-support] graphic file formats

From: Paul Slezak (slezakp@billmax.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 12:33:47 PDT

    Yes, initially, but then I added -page to "convert". I think I figured
    it out, at least for this problem. I was "convert"ing to an image that
    was too small. I increased the page parameters, and I now get the
    image, but it is unacceptable. So, contrary to what I said before, the
    pstill product is working better than "convert" as it uses fonts.

    I guess at this point I would like a recommendation. My ultimate goal
    is HTML and PDF output from DocBook. I really like how XEP does the FO
    rendering but I need better printed graphics. I have MS Visio and the
    JPEG from it is fine for HTML. However, I am open to something else if
    it will do as good a job for HTML and a better job for printing.

    TIA

    Paul