[xep-support] Installing Websphere Connector

From: Kevin Trainor (ktrainor@ligent.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 16:54:49 PDT

    I have been having trouble installing the Websphere Connector and I am
    hoping that someone with more experience in this will be able to point
    out my mistake.

    I am actually running Tomcat 4.1.18 under Windows 2000. Not being
    familiar with ANT, I first tried to pick and choose files from the
    download and populate an application subdirectory within my WEBAPPS
    directory. When this didn't work, I downloaded and installed ANT 1.5.
    I made what I thought were appropriate changes to the build.xml file,
    ran "ant compile" and then ran "ant". The ANT processes seem to run
    fine and the application deploys when I move the WAR file to my Tomcat
    directory. But, the sample webpage application generates the following
    error each time I submit the page:

    message cannot parse file:/C:/Program
    Files/oks-enterprise/jakarta-tomcat/bin/XEP
    Developer/etc/xep.xml:java.io.EOFException: no more input

    It seems to me that there is confusion about the proper path to be used
    to access the file xep.xml. And, I suspect this is because I have given
    wrong values for the XEP_HOME and SERVICE_URL properties in the
    build.xml file. But, I haven't been able to come up with any
    combination of these two properties values that works.

    Can anyone shed some light on where I might be going astray.

    Thanks for your help.

    Kevin

    Kevin Trainor
    LIGENT