Re: [xep-support] keep-with-next for fo:wrapper?

From: Jeff Beal (jbbeal@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 20:11:43 PDT

    > We use this system for both HTML and FO generation, combined with a
    > template model driven by the Perl-based Petal module, and have found
    > it to be much preferable to teaching our designers how to code in
    > XSLT. It's not uncommon for an element to have an id that needs to be
    > linked to in the TOC or Index, but to have no mapping, or to have a
    > mapping that contains several HTML or FO elements. For example, a
    > Function element has no mapping (its child elements have all the
    > content), but the Function needs to be linked to and indexed.

    I certainly don't fully understand your system and requirements, but it
    seems to me that the best solution would be to have the Function element
    generate an fo:block element *around* its children. You could then put
    a keep-together.within-column="always" property and the ID on that
    fo:block. As long as you don't put any extra space-before or
    space-after properties on the block created by the Function, that block
    shouldn't create any extra space.

    Jeff Beal