[xep-support] XEP-trial problems

From: Jorge Torrubia (jorge.torrubia@ub.edu)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 00:46:45 PDT

    First, sorry my bad English.

    We are testing the trial version of XEP, but I have found many problems
    with it. We are working with XMLSpy StyleSheet generator, and it looks
    like there are some incompatibility issues between the format of the
    xsl-fo generated by Xmlspy and the format that XEP waits (like
    "Attribute 'margin-right' cannot occur at element 'fo:region-before').
    Other times the output PDF file is absolute empty. We do not know if all
    this troubles are because the limitations of the trial versions, or bad
    parameters in line command of XEP (We use "c:\xep\xep -xml file.xml -xsl
    file.xsl")

    We manage all the publishing process of the Universidad de Barcelona
    (Spain). You can see our job in the web www.publicacions.ub.es. We sell
    e-books in Acrobat e-book reader format (Content Server), and we are
    working in a full web based editing solution in XML, so we need to
    generate PDFs files on the fly. Our site is built on IIS Microsoft
    server with ASP technology.

    We have authorization to buy any software, but first we want to check
    it. We want to find another option that Document Server from Adobe. We
    have already tested FOP from Apache, but we find many limitations and
    bugs in it.

    We will appreciate any help. Thanks for your fast answer.

    Best regards,

    Jorge Torrubia
    Servei de Publicacions
    Universitat de Barcelona