Re: [xep-support] problem with DBX2PDF.XSL ?

From: Susan Korgen (skorgen@intersystems.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 13:40:11 PDT

    I think there is hope. Remember these lines from DBX2PDF.XSL?

    <xsl:template match="@scale" mode="graphic-attribute">
    <xsl:attribute name="content-width"><xsl:value-of
    select="."/>%</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="content-height"><xsl:value-of
    select="."/>%</xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:template>

    I commented out those lines and ran my same test again.
    Everything worked great (I have a 57-page PDF output file!) except for
    column width
    in the tables. For each instance of bad column width in the PDF output file,
    XEP reported an error message to the console screen. I thought this was good.
    But the errors shouldn't happen.

    These new errors might be related to the 4 lines of code I commented out.
    Or not.
    It seems to me that they are. I've heard there are a number of issues, some
    open
    and some resolved, that relate to the mapping of table specifications from
    XML to PDF.
    Have I stumbled upon one of these well-known issues? If so, what then?

    But regardless of how well or badly XEP is handling tables these days,
    there's no avoiding the observation that the error I originally reported in
    this
    email thread is triggered by source text found only in DBX2PDF.XSL.
    It's not as though XEP has encountered some weird element in my XML file,
    or in one of my DTDs, that it can't handle. In my test, XEP did encounter
    plenty of weird things, and it did handle them: by making them into ordinary
    paragraphs in the PDF output file. That I can work with, by fine-tuning the
    stylesheet later on. That is not the problem.

    First, DBX2PDF.XSL should have correct syntax. That is, the XEP tool should
    be willing to accept the syntax that is provided in its own example
    stylesheets.
    Next, we'll see if I continue to have problems with tables.

    Pointers?
    Thank you so much.
    Susan