From: Peter Bray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 17:13:19 PST
Attached is an alternate wrapper script for XEP 3.x (for systems
using the *.sh scripts). I would greatly appreciate if others could
comment on it, suggest enhancements etc, so that one day it might be
considered a suitable replacement for the current shell scripts supplied
My drivers for writing a replacement including:
- The ability to have a generic script in my PATH which
can handle any version of XEP.
- Better naming convention for the XEP entry points.
( I use XEP from GNU Make files and like them to be
both XEP version independent and as clear as possible )
- Support for java memory options to be specified at run-time.
- Support for concurrent installation of XEP (ie multiple versions
- which is actually better supported in the original version
of the script - see the later part of the attached file)
- Bug that *.sh script do not get the executable bit set on
Possible issues with the current release:
- May have to set JAVA_HOME to XEP_JAVA_HOME (this is not
required for Sun JDK 1.3/1.4 on Solaris Intel - your mileage
- Removal of support for com.render.xep.Driver
- Additional error catching code to support other systems
(or to catch assumptions I've made which may not be true)
- Place the script in a directory in your PATH
- Make it executable (chmod +x xep-wrapper)
- Create symlinks to it as described at the top of the script
- Update the variables in the configuration section for your site
- Execute in debugging mode first to validate the
constructed command line. Example:
DO=echo xep-xsldriver -fo <my_fo_filename>
- Execute the command for real and validate the results
- Experiment with the environment variables:
The following is an example of a command line generated by my
XEP_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx150m -Xms150m" xep-xsldriver -fo SystemAdministration.fo-saxon-xep
Comments and suggestions most welcome,
(*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'
in the body of the message to email@example.com from the address
you are subscribed from.
(*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Wed Apr 02 2003 - 17:05:18 PST