Re: [xep-support] Scaling of images again...

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 11:54:23 PST

    Hi Bernd,

    > width="100%"
    > height="100%"

    > But this results in lots of space above landscape images.

    Yes. 'Width' and 'height' specify the viewport size - a rectangle through
    which the picture is shown. Actual picture size need not coincide
    with the viewport - it could be bigger (then it should be clipped -
    though I am not sure if we implement it) or smaller - then the image
    occupies only a part of the viewport, leaving the rest blank -
    that's what you see in your case. The only way to eliminate white
    space before the image is to leave its 'height' equal to "auto".

    > - When image is too wide, scale-to-fit to the available width
    > - When the image is too high, scale-to-fit to the available height.

    To the best of my understanding, it cannot be expressed in XSL FO,
    and there is no suitable workaround in XEP. Sorry.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev
    RenderX