Re: [xep-support] baseline alignment problem

From: Chris Branch (chris_branch@fscreations.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 09:29:39 PST

    >you are right and both right-justified and outdented numbers cannot
    >be accomplished with XEP in general case of variable-height inlines.
    >
    >Will try to figure out something.

    Seems like 'relative-align' is the answer for the general case. I think
    this would allow me to match the solution I've been using successfully
    in HTML for many years:

    Another solution that might work is to support fixed-width inline
    elements. In other words, let me specify a 'width' attribute for
    <fo:inline>. Example:

       <fo:inline width=".5in" text-align="right">1.</fo:inline>Content...

    The XSL specification seems to allow for this, but I'm not 100% sure
    I've interpreted that correctly. If this *is* valid, this would
    actually be more useful than relative-align. And I suspect it would be
    easier to implement :-). I know XEP doesn't currently support this, but
    is this theoretically possible with XSL?

    Chris