Re: [xep-support] Restriction in item 2 of section 1.4 of XEP spec

From: David Tolpin (dvd@renderx.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 10:15:32 PST

    > Section 6.5.2 doesn't list it indeed, but section 7.14.12 says that it applies to
    > "all elements but non-replaced inline elements, table-rows, and row groups" and
    > that it is mapped to inline-progression-dimension or block-progression-dimension
    > depending on the writing mode.

    And neither inline-progression-dimension nor block-progression-dimension are ascribed
    to fo:block.

    Werner,

    I'm saying it not because I'm trying to avoid implementing the feature you've asked
    about, but because you are trying to do something that is not easy in XSL FO, not
    just in XEP.

    Besides, centering a block is not a common typographic practice and definitely not
    a design solution promoted by XSL Formatting Objects.

    David