[xep-support] Hyphenation

From: Peter Drivas (peter.drivas@gexinc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 06:48:42 PST

    Hi,

    We've noticed in some of our documents that the hyphenation is not matching
    what we would expect. For example. the word "organizations" is hyphenated as
    "organ-izations". According to Websters Dictionary, the syllables are at
    "or-ga-ni-za-tions". So, we would expect the break at "orga-nizations" or
    "organi-zations". We've been careful to make sure we are only using the
    english pattern matching (ukhyphen.tex). Is there some way we can override
    the pattern matching that currently is implemented with our own patterns or
    a dictionary with the actual syllable breaks? I vaguely seem to remember
    that we could do this in a previous version of XEP.

    Thanks,
    Peter