Re: [xep-support] XEP rendering XML to PDF with Thai Fonts

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 12:23:11 PST

    Hi Daniel,

    > I am using JDK 1.3.1 with XEP 2.7. I can convert from XML to PDF using
    > several languages and various fonts for those languages such as
    > Romanian, Russian, Indonesian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional
    > Chinese, Urdu, Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Latin American
    > Spanish, and English.

    Do you get XEP 2.7 working with Urdu??? How did you manage
    to resolve writing-mode problems?

    > However I am having trouble finding a font to correctly display Thai. I
    > have used several fonts to no avail. The XEP generation to PDF does
    > complete and work. However the outcome is not correct. Some of the
    > characters and words are overlapped with others and therefore garbles the
    > outcome.

    We have had a problem with Thai script, resolved in XEP 2.77. You should
    update XEP to the latest version in 2.x branch - it's 2.78. Please contact
    sales@renderx.com to arrange the download of 2.78 package.

    However, XEP 3.x is more suitable for multi-language documents -
    it supports right-to-left writing and bidirectionality. Upgrading
    XEP to version 3 might be an option to consider.

    Best regards,

    Nikolai Grigoriev