Re: [xep-support] Font management in 3.17?

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 12:55:05 PST

    Clay,

    > This appeared for several other custom fonts as well (all of which
    > worked fine with 3.04). Tweaking the font names to match those
    > that XEP seemed to want eliminates the error message,
    > but this particular font still gives me problems even when
    > I fix the name from "Geometric" to "Geometric Plain"
    > (and add "Geometric" as an alias).

    Now I see the problem: XEP incorrectly generates font descriptors in PDF
    if the font name contains spaces. I suggest the following:

    1. With xep317_###.jar in the classpath, run the following:

             java com.renderx.adobe.AFM -getname geometry.ttf

    (substitute the TTF file for Geometry Plain instead of geometry.ttf).
    This call invokes a font parser and reports the PostScript name
    for the TrueType font.

    2. Use the name that it tells as the primary font name, and demote
    all others to aliases.

    If it does not help, or if the procedure fails on some step - please
    recontact me off list. In such an event, I would like to have
    a closer look at your font file.

    Best regards,
    Nikolai Grigoriev