[xep-support] Support inquiry

From: michael.lucan@srpa.com
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 01:52:48 PST

    Hi,

    we are testing XEP Renderung Engine using a downloaded evaluation version.

    Our customer wants to print business cards on a special printer by
    themselves in future. It's our job to prepare a PDF file from the employees
    data, company marks an so on from an intranet data source. That works fine.
    But on the whole there is only one problem we are faced with.
    Some parts of the writing on the cards need to be printed in a special
    color named Pantone Cool Gray 11. We used rgb(98,101,109) [#62656D] which
    in fact is Pantone Cool Gray 11 to represent it.
    Customer is nearly satiesfied but there is the printing color exception.
    RGB should not be used but the color's name.
    Does anybody know if there is a way to incorporate the color information
    Pantone Cool Gray 11 into the final PDF file so it can be interpreted by a
    professional printing machine using XEP Renderung Engine?

    Thanks,
    Michael Lucan

    srpa.com
    Ruffer-Paniagua GbR