Re: [xep-support] text-align attribute in fo:external-graphic

From: Paul A. Hoadley (paulh@logicsquad.net)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 17:06:06 PST

    On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 07:25:48PM +1030, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:

    > > > The <fo:block> elements surrounding the
    > > > <fo:external-graphic> are attributeless: is this where the Docbook
    > > > stylesheets should be specifying alignment?
    > >
    > > Yes, they should. To align an image wrt its surrounding fo:block,
    > > 'text-align' must be specified on the block. There's no difference
    > > with text alignment: fo:external-image is an inline object like
    > > any character, and should be positioned using the same rules.
    >
    > I will post to docbook-apps and see what they think over there.

    In case anyone was following this, Bob Stayton identified and fixed
    the problem in the Docbook XSL stylesheets. It didn't quite make it
    into the latest (1.59.1) release, but you can grab fo/math.xsl version
    1.9 from the Docbook CVS repository if this affects you.

    --
    Paul.
    mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net