Re: [xep-support] XEP Performance Questions

From: Jarrod Stenberg (slonob@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:41:59 PST

    > I fear your example, one page, is not representative
    > and can't provide
    > accurate figures about performance, because the
    > proportion of the JVM
    > launch overhead is too large. When XEP is used as a
    > server component the
    > overhead could be ignored.

    Thanks for your input. I should have added that this
    is called up via Tomcat as a taglib. So JVM launch
    has already occured and is not a factor. Also, I am
    doing these tests from a static fo document, like so:
    <xep:apply>
    <fo:root ...>
    </fo:root>
    </xep:apply>

    So it is isolated to the business of rendering the
    XSL-FO to PDF, not generating the XSL-FO.
    -Jarrod