Re: [xep-support] Question on the forthcoming enhancements of XEP 3.x

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 13:57:49 PST

Hi Stéphane,

glad to hear from you :-).

> Quick question for you guys : are you considering
> the implementation of tagged pdfs in a future (hopefully
> not too distant) XEP 3.xx release?

It's hard to say. We don't have it as an immediate priority;
yet we keep it active in a list of less-important tasks. However,
there are too many evident shortages in XEP that require
immediate repair - lack of SVG, table model deficiencies,
Arabic glyph shaping to mention only a few. Looks like
we can hardly have time to do tagged PDF in the near future -
unless someone orders it as a custom development.

Best regards,
Nikolai