Re[2]: [xep-support] how do i make writing mode property work?

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 00:14:34 PST

Hello Rajat,

RV> But still I don't see Hebrew text.
RV> It's not coming garbled but it's coming empty, i.e., any text I write as
RV> Hebrew it just doesn't come.
RV> I am using the Times/serif font. I've attached the FO file.

The Times font has no glyphs for Hebrew. Please use another font, such
as MS Gothic (it has an appropriate glyph-set).

RV> There is yet another problem that has come up once I changed the writing
RV> mode.
RV> One of the tables in the static contents is not being drawn.
RV> I tried rendering the same document through FOP and it shows me the table.
RV> The table I'm referring to is the headings of the columns drawn in the body.

I haven't noticed such a problem. Which table you are referring to?
Everything renders just fine (at least for the first glance).
By the way, as it was mentioned before you should not specify
writing-mode on fo:flow directly, better wrap the whole content of the
flow in fo:block-container with desired writing-mode set.

RV> I've a trial version of XEP. Could any of my problems be because of that?

No, XEP trial version has the same rendering capabilities as a
commercial one.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX