Re: [xep-support] xep trial edition

From: Nikolai Grigoriev (grig@renderx.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 11:53:52 PDT

Clay,

> Another possibility, is that your images are improperly formatted. I know
> that a subset of the following is supported: GIF, JPG & TIFF (however,
> there are a bunch of caveats for TIFF graphics, particularly with LZW
> compression for which there are license fees involved--I think
> uncompressed TIFF images should be fine, though).

Yes, uncompressed and PackBits are all OK. LZW support is limited
to flavors that permit concatenation of strip data into a single stream
without decompression - these are TIFFs with no tiles and/or alpha channel.
Note also that among GIFs, we only support non-interlaced ones.

> I spent fifteen minutes looking on renderx.com, in FAQs & this list, but
> couldn't find the info.

See doc/spec.pdf, section 4 "Graphic formats", for a list of all supported
graphic formats and their flavors. Or, the same thing on our site:

http://www.renderx.com/Tests/doc/html/spec.html#d1e4365

Anyhow, if an image format is not supported, the respective warning
should appear at the console.

Best regards,
Nikolai Grigoriev

By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html