Re: [xep-support] Duplicating footnotes

From: Heinz Grimm (grimm.heinz@rcc.ch)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 06:36:35 PDT

Nikolai Grigoriev wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> > There is one problem (and this is true of all XSL-FO
> > formatters), whenever I have more than one reference
> > to the same footnote on a single page, the footnote entry
> > is duplicated at the bottom of the page.
>
> It's a problem of the spec, not of the formatter. The recommendation
> does not provide any standard means to do that.

Nikolai,

I heard a rumor that W3C plans a new revision of the XSL-FO
specs. We have similar requirements to footnotes. Is there a
way to send change requests to W3C? Is it possible for
RenderX, for everybody?

Heinz

By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/tos.html