[xep-support] EntityResolver, PDF and SVG support in XEP 3.0.2

From: Johann Richard (Johann.richard@dspfactory.ch)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 00:54:54 PDT

Hello,

I browsed through the xep-support list as well as the doc but did not find any accurate answers to the following questions:

1.) What kind of Entity Resolver do you use in XEP? Is there any chance to override this somehow? It would, for example, being interesting to use Norman Wlash's Entity Resolver with Catalog support (http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/ as well as http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/article/)

2.) What is the current status for PDF as vector image format? I saw a Post dating from Nov 2001 where this was announced as a TODO. Any significant changes to expect in the near future on this topic (i.e. PDF available as vector input)? (These guys from NTS (JAVA successor to LaTeX) are doing this, if I am right.

3.) Is it correct that SVG vector support dropped out in the current 3.0.2 version of XEP? And for what reason? And, will it be back soon?

Thanks a lot!

PS: Some kind of search engine on the xep-support list would be nice ... or did I miss that one?

johann richard

Johann Richard
IC & DSP Design Engineer
Dspfactory SA