From: Nikolai Grigoriev (email@example.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 12:21:25 PDT
Dear XEP-Announce subscribers,
I am glad to inform you that XEP version 3.6 is available. This is a feature-adding
release, offering new functionality:
- 'data:' URL scheme is supported: images can be stored in the body of a XSL-FO document;
- all resources and configuration files can now be accessed via URLs. A special 'resource:'
URL scheme is supported, permitting to store resources in a Jar file for ease of deployment;
- improvements to PDF generator:
* state of bookmarks can be controlled;
* new processing instructions permit to specify initial destination, zoom factor, and viewer preferences;
* support for linearized (Web-optimized) PDF.
- improvements in PostScript generator:
* arbitrary page device parameters can be set individually for each page: duplex mode,
media selection/tray switching, manual feed etc.
- improvements in SVG support:
* relative URLs work properly, xml:base property supported;
* 'data:' URL scheme supported;
* CMYK and grayscale color spaces can be used though an extension.
- numerous bugfixes, improvements, and optimizations.
Connectors for servlets and Apache Cocoon are also updated.
Users of previous versions of XEP 3.x may download the software free of charge
by visiting http://shop.xattic.com/extras.cgi and uploading the license key (license.txt).
To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-announce'
in the body of the message to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address
you are subscribed from.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Sep 15 2003 - 13:18:54 PDT