[xep-announce] ANN: COM wrapper for XEP v3 available

From: David Tolpin (dvd@renderx.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 09:47:57 PST

    Dear xep-announce subscribers,

    we have just released a first version of a COM wrapper to XEP.

    The wrapper makes it possible to run XEP in Win32 environments that support
    Microsoft COM architecture. It uses JNI (Java Native Interface) to translate
    COM methods to Java virtual machine calls. The wrapper requires Sun JDK/JRE
    version 1.2.2 or above to be installed on the host computer.

    The wrapper has the following features:
    - a graphical, InstallShield-based installation wizard;
    - a configuration utility;
    - code samples that show how to access XEP COM interface from various
      programming languages:
          * C++;
          * Visual Basic;
          * PHP.

    This package is available as a free add-on to all users of Developer (full and stamped)
    and Server (full and stamped) editions of XEP 3.x. It can be downloaded from
    http://shop.renderx.com/extras.cgi. Please keep your license
    key file (etc/license.txt) at hand; you will be asked to
    upload it to the server.

    We are looking for feedback, comments, and opinions: they are important
    for us to develop the component further.

    Best regards,
    David Tolpin